Registration forms for 2020-2021 are now available. ONE TIME ONLY, the registration year begins June 1, 2020 – registration forms received on or after that date will be processed for the 2020-2021 year – annual/premium/outreach and flex registrations will have an expiration date of December 31, 2021 and should include the appropriate fees. New Seasonal/Single Meet forms do not take effect until September 1, 2020.
Please scroll down for 2020-21 forms/fees.
- ALL ATHLETE registrations received from a club should be accompanied by the Registration Batch File generated from the club’s team management software (Team Unify or Team Manager); the Financial Summary Form (below under Forms) indicating the batch covered, the number of athletes/non-athletes included, any outreach memberships, etc.; AND must be accompanied by a check made payable to NC Swimming (issued by the club) or a copy of a check request sent to the financial office of your organization. We do not accept credit cards. REMEMBER – all Adult Athletes (18 & over) must complete the online Athlete Protection Training (APT) within 30 days of their 18th birthday in order to be valid – access the APT Training at www.usaswimming.org/APT, and it must be renewed EVERY YEAR.
- • ALL NEW athlete registrations (that is, NEW to USA Swimming) must be accompanied by a copy of a birth certificate, passport or similar document OR a signed copy of the Proof of Age affidavit (found under Forms below).
- • TRANSFERS – Renewal registrations for athletes that were registered for the 2019-20 season with another USA Swimming organization (whether or not the athlete competed) must be accompanied by a Transfer Form (found under Forms below). Transferring athletes that already have been registered for the 2020-21 season also should be accompanied by a registration batch file and transfer form, but there is no charge for the transfer.
- FLEX MEMBERSHIPS – Flex Memberships cost $20, and are valid through December 31, 2021, but are only available to 18 & under athletes, and are subject to a TWO sanctioned meet limit. Flex memberships are not valid for meets at the LSC Championship, sectional, zone or higher level. Prior to competing in a third sanctioned meet, the membership must be upgraded to an annual/premium membership (this is done with a registration batch file). The annual membership fee will be offset by the amount already paid for the flex membership, so the upgrade fee for 2020-21 will be $54.00.
- All COACHES are registered by submitting a Non Athlete Registration form (coaches and other non-athletes are NOT to be registered using a batch file). All coachesmust have a current Background Screen (Junior Coaches are exempt from the background screen requirement), must complete the online Athlete Protection/Safe Sport training, the new (for 2020-2021) USADA Coaching Advantage Tutorial, Concussion Protocol Training, and be certified in CPR and Safety Training for Swim Coaches (which includes an online portion and in-water skills). In addition, coaches must satisfy the appropriate level of educational testing. Click here for current information on Coach requirements, including acceptable Concussion Protocol Training, CPR and Safety Training courses: USA Swimming Coach Info. If ANYTHING is out of date or not complete, coach membership is no longer valid. Non-athletes can see the current status of their membership and certifications on their DeckPass.
- ALL NEW coach registrations should be accompanied by copies of their current certifications (CPR and Safety Training for Swim Coaches – both in water and online portions) or a copy of the Course Record for those classes, and a copy of the Concussion Protocol Training certificate.
* Required courses for first year USA Swimming coaches:
- Foundations of Coaching 101 (must be completed by all new coach members prior to initial coach membership).
- Second year coaches need to complete Foundations of Coaching 201 and the Rules and Regulations test (two separate tests) prior to renewal.
- Junior Coaches – Must be 16 or 17 years old, and must be under the direct visual supervision of a certified coach member at all times. They will NOT be required to have a current background screen, but ALL other coach requirements must be met (including educational testing). If a Junior Coach turns 18 during the registration year, they must then complete a background screen within 30 days of their 18th birthday in order to remain valid.
- ALL OTHER NON-ATHLETES (officials, meet directors, chaperones, board members) are registered by submitting a Non-Athlete Registration form, and must have a current Background Screen through USA Swimming and complete the online Athlete Protection Training. Officials also must complete Concussion Protocol Training and submit their completion certificate to the Registrar. Visit www.usaswimming.org.
- ALL CLUBS are registered/renewed by submitting the Club Registration form. Clubs must conduct pre-employment screening on all employees who are members of USA Swimming (USA Swimming Rules & Regulations, Article 502.6.8) and must attest to the fact that the screenings are being conducted on their 2020 Club Application (Renewal and New clubs). In addition, clubs must attest that the club complies with all racing start certification requirements and state concussion laws for training and information, and the (Minor Athlete Abuse Protection Policy) MAAPP Policy. ALL CLUBS MUST RENEW EVERY YEAR PRIOR TO DEC. 31!
FEES FOR 2020-2021:
Year Round Athlete – $74.00
Seasonal Athlete (Individual Season) – $40.00 (150 days; not for sectional or higher meets)
Flex Athlete Membership – 2 sanctioned meet limit; only valid for meets below the LSC Championship level – $20. Converting a Flex to an Annual – $54.
Outreach Membership – $5.00 (requires copy of Free or Reduced lunch letter or similar documentation)
Single Meet Athlete (for use ONLY for Open Water meets) – $20.00
Non-Athlete Membership (coaches, officials, meet directors, chaperones, board members) – $74.00
Renewing NCS Coach Membership – $74 prior to 12/20/20; $114 after 12/20/20
NCS new Club Memberships – $95.00
Renewing NCS Club Membership – $95 prior to 12/20/19; $200 after 12/20/20
Organization Memberships (leagues, facilities) – $95
2020-21 Year Round Athlete Form – Fee is $74. Registration is valid until Dec. 31, 2021.
2020-21 Seasonal Athlete Form – Fee is $40. Registration is valid for 150 days. Only valid for meets below sectional level.
2020-21 Flex Athlete Membership – Fee is $20. Two sanctioned meet limit. Only valid for meets below sectional level. Converting a Flex to an Annual membership – $54.
2020-21 Outreach Athlete Form (annual) – Fee is $5. Registration valid until Dec. 31, 2021; Requires Free or Reduced lunch letter or similar documentation.
2020-21 Non-Athlete Form – Fee is $74 for individual; Valid until Dec. 31, 2021. (coach renewal after 12/20/20 is $114)
2019-20 Club Registration Form – Fee is $95; (club renewal after 12/20/20 $200)
2019-20 Organization Registration Form – Fee is $95 (for leagues, facilities)
2019-2020 Single Meet Athlete – Fee is $20 (for use ONLY for Open Water meets)
NC Swimming Athlete Proof of Age– may be used to prove age of new athletes. Alternatively, submit a copy of a birth certificate, passport, or similar government-issued document.
NCS Financial Summary Form – Should be sent in with EVERY registration batch, indicating what is included (# of athletes, non-athletes, outreach, transfers) and money enclosed.