Head Swim Team Coach job opening
The OBX Swim Club located in Nags Head, NC is seeking a Head Swim Team Coach for its year-round USA Swimming program. The OBX Swim Club is a USA Swimming Level 1 swim club that currently has over 40 short course and long course swimmers. The team swims at the Nags Head YMCA. The Head Coach will supervise all aspects of the program under the direction of the parent board. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, writing and running workouts, season planning, managing the Team Unify database and website, maintaining the roster, meet entries, attending monthly board meetings, tracking athlete performance, fundraising including an annual open water swim and swim-a-thon, communicating with parents, and budgeting. The ideal candidate is an energetic, positive leader who is capable of being highly effective in an independent setting with a wide range of swimming levels from 8&U beginning swimmers to Junior National level swimmers. Candidates must have USA Swimming coach certification and ASCA Level 3 certification or higher. Applicants must have current background checks and athlete protection course completed and current. Starting date is August, 2016. Salary is commensurate with experience and team size. Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
• Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and certifications.
• ASCA Level 3 certification (or equivalent) desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate proper stroke technique instruction and development, dry land conditioning, and taper strategies for all levels of swimmers.
• Familiarity with Team Unify.
• Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies
• Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong core values that include integrity, hard work, patience & respect
Outer Banks, NC:
The Outer Banks is a premier outdoor water sports recreation destination visited by millions every year. As the Birthplace of Flight and home to the Wright Brother’s Memorial, The Lost Colony, Jockey’s Ridge and Cape Hatteras National Seashore the area is a playground for the outdoor lover. From hang gliding and kite boarding to fishing and sightseeing, the Outer Banks has some of the best beaches in the United States and is home to the historic towns of Manteo, Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, Southern Shores, Duck, Corolla and numerous other surrounding communities. Please visit https://www.outerbanks.org/ for more information.