NCS is restarting Clinics for Officials effective February 1, 2021
- Link: NCS Officials Committee Guidelines for Restarting Clinics
- The traditional ‘classroom and on-deck’ style of clinic on hold since March 2020 may hopefully resume after USAS and North Carolina COVID restrictions reduce limitations for facility occupancy and gathering sizes.
- But, virtual and small in-person clinics are now being planned.
- If you would like to take a clinic please use the link below to complete the Google Clinic Interest Form and you will be notified of the next steps.
- Link: Google Clinic Interest Form
Part 1 Clinic
- Link: Part 1 Apprentice Training for Stroke & Turn and Administrative Officials 022021
- Please note: There is a Google Form identified on the final page.
- This form is a (repeatable) quiz to validate your understanding of the material.
- You must attain a score of 90% to complete the clinic.
Part 2 Clinics
- Link: Apprentice Training Part-2 Stroke & Turn_021921
- Link: Apprentice Training Part-2 Administrative Official_021921
Other Training Material
- Link: Open Water Officials Clinic created by Jim Riggs dated SEP2020
- Link: Consolidated USA Swimming documents “The Professional Official MAR2020”
- Link: Excerpt from NCS Policy Manual re: NCS Officials Certification and Recertification AUG2020
- A video version of a “Stroke Briefing” created by Mike Trexler of NCS
- Link: USA Swimming webpage – Officials (main page)
- Many resources for training, advancement and broad subject material
- Link: The USA Swimming webpage – How to Become an Official
- USAS Link: Complete a Level 2 Background Check
- USAS Link: Complete Athlete Protection Training
- USAS Link: Complete Concussion Protocol Training
- AND…Page down to watch the videos for each stroke
- Link: A summary FAQ of the steps to Being a North Carolina Official dated APR2020