The Safe Sport / Operational Risk Coordinator Role is directly elected every two years by the HOD.
With the unplanned recent departure of our Safe Sport / Operational Risk Coordinator, we will hold a special election at the virtual HOD to fill the one remaining year of the two year term.
Due to the timing of the departure, we will nominate candidates from the floor at virtual HOD.
To ensure no gap in coverage for this important role, Claire Donahue from TAC has been appointed as the interim Safe Sport / Operational Risk Coordinator. Claire has also expressed interest in being nominated for election.
All nominations are welcome. Responsibilities of the Safe Sport / Operational Risk Committee led by the Coordinator include:
• Coordinate and oversee the implementation of effective ongoing educational programs for all athlete members, their parents, coaches, volunteers and local clubs as provided by USA Swimming;
• Be the primary contact for the club members to share information about what USA Swimming and other LSCs are doing regarding Safe Sport policies and programs; and to collect, develop and disseminate information on LSC best practices;
• Serve as an information resource for clubs by, among other things, helping to identify and connect them with local educational partners and resources;
• Assist members of the LSC in identification of errors, system failures, and other potentially dangerous activity;
• Provide assistance in developing plans to mitigate occurrences that disrupt LSC operations or events;
• Identify trends that increase LSC operational risk;
• Perform other functions as necessary in the fulfillment of USA Swimming’s continuing efforts to foster safe, healthy and positive environments for all its members