Week 6 Results (Round 3)
Week 4 Results (Round 2)
Week 2 Results (Round 1)
All NCS Clubs are invited to join in the QUARANTEAM Dryland Challenge. The program will give athletes the chance to compete with other athletes from throughout the state in a series of timed dryland exercise sets. After each of three test set dates, results will be compiled and posted on the NCS website. At the end of the six week period, the cumulative times will determine the final standings. Coaches will verify correct technique before sending in results from their teams. Links to all of these exercises are included below so swimmers can see correct, “legal” technique.
The challenge is meant to augment your club’s current dryland programs and add some competition to the mix. Clubs interested in participating must complete this worksheet with the names, age groups, gender, and time for the first test set and send to email@example.com no later than Friday, May 1. Once submitted, there will be no changes. To facilitate sorting and extensive “cutting and pasting” please enter the information in exactly the same format as indicated in the sample worksheet. For example: use your club code rather than club name and use the same designation for age groups and gender as in the example. Age is based on the athlete’s age as of April 27.
Following each of the last two workouts, clubs will update the worksheet with those times in the designated columns and again submit the form. VERY IMPORTANT: Be sure that the times are entered correctly…for example: fifteen minutes and twenty seconds should read: 15:20.0. Round to the nearest second but you still need to use the “.0” at the end. This will greatly expedite the process of reporting results.
Here is what the competition will look like:
- Week 1 (April 20) – practice week. Each team does its own dryland routine.
- Week 2 (April 27) – test set week. Submit results on the attached worksheet by Friday, May 1. Leaderboards will be published by May 4.
- Week 3 (May 4) – practice week. Each team does its own dryland routine.
- Week 4 (May 11) – test set week. Submit results by Friday, May 15. Leaderboards updated by Monday, May 18.
- Week 5 (May 18) – practice week. Each team does its own dryland routine.
- Week 6 (May 25) – test set week. Submit results by Friday, May 29. Leaderboards updated and winners announced June 1.
Test Set (straight through, for time)
Number of reps based on age group:
- 10-20-30-40 Jumping Jacks
- 10-15-20-25 Mountain Climbers (need to define two leg movements as one)
- 10-20-30-40 Split Jacks
- 10-15-20-25 Pushups – “hand release”
- 10-20-30-40 High Knees (knees touch hands)
- 10-15-20-30 Squats
- 10-20-30-40 Half Jacks
- 10-20-30-40 Crossfit Situps
- 10-15-20-25 Burpees
Click the links above to view the correct, “legal” technique.
If you have any question on administration, contact Bill Martin. If you have any questions on the workout procedure or how to do the sets, contact Steve Romito at firstname.lastname@example.org.