Purpose: Temporarily change LSC rules on meet sanctioning and meet fee collection to get more swimmers back into the pool and to restore a main revenue and cash flow source for clubs during COVID-19 recovery.
Now through March 31, 2021:
Extended Payment Terms for LSC Meet Fee Assessments
- Clubs may pay $10 sanction fee with meet fee assessment payment rather than at the time of sanctioning.
- Clubs in good standing with the LSC who need extra time paying LSC meet fee assessments, travel fund, and sanction fees may choose extended terms up-to-120-day terms, up from the current 30-day terms.
- Clubs will still be required to submit their financial reports within 30 days of the meet. They may pay their meet fees in full at that time or take advantage of up-to-120-day terms by including a down payment of $100 with their financial report, which will be credited against the full amount due.
Now through December 31, 2020:
- Teams may reschedule meets on the LSC’s current SC/LC meet calendars and may add incremental meets (SC or LC) as needed without Scheduling approval. Teams may submit sanction requests directly to the Sanctions Committee.
- SUNDAY of September HOD weekend remains closed.
- New and revised sanctions must be submitted no later than 14 days prior to the first day of competition.
- Meet recons must be submitted to the Registrar 8 days prior to the meet. The recon late fine remains in effect.
- Teams required to cancel or reschedule meets due to extended facility closures or federal/state/county/ local mandates may do so without penalty.
2021 NCS SC Champs Meet Qualification Period:
- The qualification period for both 2021 SC and LC NCS Champs meets will be extended to the 24-month period before the meet.
Technical and Administrative Rules of Competition DO NOT Change:
- All USA Swimming technical, administrative, and membership rules continue to be in force for all sanctioned and approved meets unless they are changed at the National level.
- MAAPP policy remains in effect for all activities and interactions.
- Number/type of required certified officials remains the same.
- Timing system requirements remain the same.
- Membership requirements remain the same (note: fines for illegal swimmers will not be waived or deferred.)