Following new CDC recommendations and the North Carolina Governor’s latest Executive Order, North Carolina Swimming has revised guidance on the use of face coverings at USA Swimming activities as follows:
- North Carolina Swimming strongly recommends that partially vaccinated or unvaccinated individuals continue to wear face coverings and practice social distancing at all swimming activities.
- Other individuals are welcome to continue wearing face coverings for personal comfort.
- NCS and member clubs may require that participants wear face coverings and observe social distancing at practices, team activities, team travel, camps, clinics, and competitions.
- NCS members are expected to comply with all COVID-19 safety guidelines from USA Swimming, North Carolina Swimming, the State of North Carolina, local jurisdictions, aquatic facilities, and member clubs.
USA Swimming has extended the Sanction Requirements below through July 31, 2021.
LSC Sanction Requirements
All safety precautions remain in full effect. Above all else, it is important to remember that all training and competition must conform to local, state, and federal public health guidelines.
It is every individual’s responsibility to make best efforts to stay safe in order for their athletes and teams to continue practicing and competing.
Recording THEN and NOW of Pool Operation and Programming
Slides THEN and NOW of Pool Operation and Programming
We also encourage all our members to follow healthcare recommendations to avoid infection and the spread of infection:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider. North Carolina Swimming will continue to monitor the situation and advise of any additional safety measures necessary to help our members stay safe and healthy throughout this difficult time.