In order to prioritize the health and safety of our swimmers, coaches, officials, and volunteers, USA Swimming is mandating the cancellation of all its sanctioned events across the U.S. through June 30, 2020. North Carolina Swimming will work with our host clubs to get our competitions rescheduled at a time when this health threat has subsided.
Recording THEN and NOW of Pool Operation and Programming
Slides THEN and NOW of Pool Operation and Programming
We also encourage all our members to follow healthcare recommendations to avoid infection and the spread of infection:
- Avoid getting closer than six feet to anyone coughing or sneezing;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has 60-95% alcohol. This is especially important after going to the bathroom, before eating, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your elbow if you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash, and then wash your hands;
- Stay home if you are sick, and away from the pool and from fellow team members;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly;
- Monitor the WHO and CDC websites for travel advisories and follow their recommendations.
Questions or personal concerns regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) should be directed to your local healthcare provider. North Carolina Swimming will continue to monitor the situation and advise of any additional safety measures necessary to help our members stay safe and healthy throughout this difficult time.