If you have proposed legislation for the Spring HOD meeting on April 24, 2016, please submit your proposal to Joel Black firstname.lastname@example.org> using the HOD Legislation Template below. The deadline for submitting legislation is March 5, 2016.
NCS Club Governance Consultanting Program
North Carolina Swimming has a team of volunteers and coaches who will assist any of its club members with governance issues such as achieving Level 1-4 status in USA Swimming’s Club Recognition program, achieving club goals, writing or editing by-laws or mission statements, establishing budgets, organizing swim meets, registration and membership procedures, coach education, and establishing a Safe Sport Program.
The Spring 2015 HOD was held at the Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center on April 12-13, 2015.
Click here to view the 2015 Spring HOD Legislative Changes
The NCS rules have been updated and are located on the GOVERNANCE page or you can click below to view them.
The NCS Board of Directors approved the following coaching staff for the 2015 NCS Select Camp and 2015 NCS Zone Team.
John Fedena (SwimMAC) – Head Coach
Amy Faulk (NOMAD) – Manager
JP Merchant (WOW)
Alex Black (GYW)
Connor Griffin (GCY)
Karole Ann Bayer (STAR)
Jeremy Gregory (ATOM)
Jonathan Watson (MOR)
My name is Tommy Schield, and I work in the communications department at USA Swimming. With the help of Arlene McDonald and the LSC Development Committee, USA Swimming has created a month-long campaign in March called #1VolunTeam. This digital campaign is aimed at showing the positive impact our countless volunteers are making across the country. However, in order to capture the great work you are doing, we need to hear from you!
If you could please give a few moments of your time and complete the attached volunteer survey, it would be extremely helpful in providing content for the campaign to tell your story. The responses will be used on both usaswimming.org and USA Swimming’s social media channels.
And please, feel free to share this email – and survey – with other volunteers!
Organizational Communications Specialist
o. 719.866.3599 c. 719.358.3340
LOCATION CHANGE AND HOTEL ROOMS FOR 2015 NCS SPRING HOD
Because of construction at the YMCA Headquarters in Cary, the 2015 Spring HOD meetings on April 11 and 12 will now be held at the Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center in Greensboro (next door to the GAC). For those who will need a hotel room, a block of rooms has been reserved at the Comfort Inn at 1103 Lanada Road, Greensboro, NC 27407 (off Wendover Avenue). Please contact the hotel directly at 336.297.1055 to make reservations. A special group rate of $89.99 is available for North Carolina Swimming members.
Comfort Inn Greensboro (click for map)
1103 Lanada Road
Greensboro, NC 27407
Tele: 336.297.1055 Fax: 336.297.1904
Organization: YMCA of the Triangle
Group Rate: $89.99 plus tax (12.75%)
Hotel Contact: Melody Hill – Director of Sales
ALL STAR CRITERIA
The criteria for selection as an NCS All Star from Article 214 of the NCS General Rules are:
- Each NCS swimmer who individually achieves at least one USA National Age Group Recognition Top 10 Time is a NCS All Star.
- Each NCS swimmer who achieves NC Top-5 “AAAA” times in two or more of the following categories: distance freestyle, sprint freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, or individual medley for Short Course Yards is a NCS All Star upon verification by the NCS All Star Committee. The recognition period will begin September 1 of the previous year and end August 31 of the current year.
- Each NCS swimmer who achieves NC Top-5 “AAAA” times in two or more of the following categories: distance freestyle, sprint freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, or individual medley for Long Course Meters is a NCS All Star upon verification by the NCS All Star Committee. The recognition period will begin September 1 of the previous year and end August 31 of the current year.
- Swimmers placing in the Top 3 in each age group in the NCS Open Water Championship as well as any 18& under swimmer who participates in the USA Swimming Open Water National Championships will be recognized as an NCS Open Water All-Star.
- Distance Freestyle (Freestyle events 400 and longer for 17-18, 15-16, and 13-14; 200 and longer for 11-12 and 10&Under) and Sprint Freestyle (Freestyle events 200 and shorter for 17-18, 15-16, and 13-14; 100 and shorter for 11-12 and 10&Under) are considered distinct ‘strokes’ for the purposes of this Article, along with Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and Individual Medley.
The NCS All Star list above is based on the final standings in both NCS Short Course Yards Top Five and NCS Long Course Meters Top Five for the year ending August 31, 2014. NCS ALL STAR status can also be achieved based on having a time listed in the USA National Top Ten list for the year ending August 31, 2014. Open Water ALL STARS are also included in this list.
Some swimmers may have qualified in multiple ways or in more than one age group but are listed only once.
The 2014 NCS Awards Banquet will be held at the Embassy Suites in Cary, NC on Saturday, September 27. Special guest speaker will be Olympic Gold Medal winner, University of Michigan All-American, and current SwimMAC team member, Tyler Clary.
The event recognizes NCS TOP FIVE swimmers and NCS ALL STARS from the 2013-14 Short Course season and the 2014 Long Course season. A preliminary list of swimmers who have achieved TOP FIVE and ALL STAR status will be sent to coaches as they are compiled. The lists aren’t official until Sept. 1, when all long course and short course swims have been recorded.
Online registration and a PayPal link for purchasing tickets will be set up in the next few weeks. Information on hotel reservations will also be posted.
The Spring 2014 HOD was held at YOTA Headquarters in Raleigh on April 12-13, 2013.
Updated NCS General Rules are posted below and in the Governance Section