Below is the list of North Carolina Swimming athletes who achieved NCS All Star status during the period beginning on Sept 1, 2019 and ending on March 15, 2020 (athletes are listed by club code).
Since there was not a true long course season and limited opportunities for most swimmers to compete after the COVID outbreak, this year’s awards are based on short course achievements and rankings beginning on Sept 1, 2019 and ending on March 15, 2020.
This year, the NCS All Star list includes swimmers who achieved All Star Status in at least one of three ways.
- NCS Top Five short course times in at least two strokes (must be AAAA or better) as of 3/15/20
- National Top Ten list by individual age group as of 3/15/20
- Open Water All Star recognition
- Each NCS swimmer who achieved NC Top-5 “AAAA” times in two or more of the following categories: distance freestyle, sprint freestyle, backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, or individual medley in Short Course Yards is a NCS All Star upon verification by the NCS All Star Committee. The recognition period began September 1, 2019 and ended March 15, 2020.
- Distance Freestyle and Sprint Freestyle are considered distinct ‘strokes’ along with Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and Individual Medley. Distance Freestyle include freestyle events 400 and longer for 17-18, 15-16, and 13-14; 200 and longer for 11-12 and 10&Under. Sprint Freestyle include freestyle events 200 and shorter for 17-18, 15-16, and 13-14; 100 and shorter for 11-12 and 10&Under.
- Each NCS swimmer who individually achieved at least one USA National Age Group Recognition Top 10 Time in short course during the recognition period is an All Star.
- Swimmers are recognized as an NCS Open Water All-Star based on the Open Water All Star selection policy.