I am thrilled to announce that the application for the 2019 USA Swimming Athlete Fellowship is now open! 2019 is a big year for the fellowship program, as we will be accepting
- 4 Safe Sport Fellows,
- 2 Diversity & Inclusion Fellows, and
- 2 Clean Sport Fellows
The USA Swimming Athlete Fellowship is a 13-month leadership development program designed for high school aged athlete members of USA Swimming who wish to gain leadership skills, be more involved in the Safe Sport, Diversity & Inclusion, and Clean Sport movements, and become a liaison between USA Swimming national headquarters and local swim clubs.
Fellows will work closely with USA Swimming staff and fellowship alumni to develop projects to bring these programs to local swim clubs and increase awareness of the Safe Sport, Diversity & Inclusion, and Clean Sport movements. The Fellowship is anchored by three Leadership Institutes, where fellows will have the opportunity to engage in a thoughtful curriculum of leadership development practices and set personal goals.
We’re looking for…
- Current athlete member of USA Swimming, aged 15 years or older
- Displays leadership characteristics in the form of athletic, academic, and/or civic involvement
- Has a basic understanding of Safe Sport, Diversity & Inclusion, and/or Clean Sport and the desire to be involved in the efforts
- Has the ability to balance the commitment within his/her swimming and school schedules
Please see the following announcement and FAQs. More information and the application can be found at https://www.usaswimming.org/articles-landing-page/2017/02/10/safe-sport-athlete-fellowship The application will close on October 20.